Divorce can be an emotionally charged process. Even the most harmless or inconsequential of circumstances can spiral out of control on a moment’s notice. These 10 tips can help you maintain your peace of mind and avoid escalating conflict with your spouse during the divorce process.
1. Walk away before emotions flare.
2. Remember that anything that you put in writing via email or text to your spouse could be used against you in Court, communicate assuming the judge will see you hear your communications.
3. Do not use your child as a messenger to relay information to your spouse.
4. Use your lawyers as buffers.
5. Believe what your lawyer tells you.
6. Be honest with your lawyer.
7. Do not withhold information from your lawyer (big and small).
8. Do not fall for threats and posturing.
9. Do not negotiate or settle on your own.
10. Get a private email address to secure information set to and from your lawyer.
"Could not have asked for a better attorney. I dealt with an extremely difficult and tedious divorce. Gary and his team were always thorough and fully prepared. Always at the top of their game and always treated me as a top priority as they do all their clients. Recommend Gary Weiner as the attorney to handle your divorce if you need it done right!!!! " - Zachary B.,★★★★★
"Scott Weiss is always knowledgeable and reachable when I have a question. I have referred clients to him and will continue to refer clients!" - Ian S.,★★★★★
"Scott is a professional who is well-liked, collegial in a highly adversarial field. He has been mentored by an excellent lawyer and although still a younger lawyer he is fast gaining experience in complex matrimonial matters. He has moved beyond second chair to handling matters on his own. He is a pleasure to work with." - Anonymous,★★★★★
"Scott is not only a great lawyer, but he is also very involved in the community." - Anonymous,★★★★★