Our Family Law Services for Clients in Broward & Palm Beach Counties
Weiner & Weiss, LLC is a divorce and family law firm located in Boca Raton, Florida. Please learn more about our services below.
- Divorce - Our attorneys provide supportive guidance throughout the entire divorce process, ensuring that our clients' interests are always protected. No matter the situation, we will listen to your concerns and help you make the best decisions for yourself and your family regarding the various issues that accompany the ending of a marriage. Also see our page describing the divorce process in Florida.
- Child Custody - Nothing in a divorce is more difficult or complex than the issues of child custody and time-sharing. We help parents develop workable custody arrangements and parenting plans that meet their children's needs, and fit the families' unique goals and objectives.
- Child Support - In Florida, child support amounts are affected by how much time a child spends with a noncustodial parent. We represent parents seeking to maximize a child support award, as well as parents seeking to minimize the amount of child support they are obligated to pay.
- Alimony (Spousal Support) - In determining whether either spouse will be required to pay alimony (spousal support) during or after divorce, courts look at factors such as the parties' respective incomes, the length of the marriage, and the age and health of the parties. We help our clients reach fair and appropriate alimony arrangements.
- Post-judgment Modifications - Even years after a marriage has ended, events may transpire that affect the terms of a divorce agreement. When circumstances change, a party can petition for a post-judgment modification. We have particular experience handling cases involving domestic and international relocation.
- Contempt & Enforcement - When a former spouse or parent is not meeting his or her obligations under a support or custody order, we help with contempt and enforcement actions, which can impose penalties such as wage garnishment, levies and even jail time.
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements - Entering into a prenuptial agreement is a smart decision for many couples intending to marry. It may provide for how marital assets are to be distributed in the event of death or divorce, and protect assets, income and inheritance plans for loved ones. A postnuptial agreement can serve the same purpose after a marriage has begun.
- Mediation - We believe that an amicable divorce achieved through well-prepared mediation allows separating families to resolve issues in a financially and emotionally beneficial manner. Whenever possible, we work with clients to achieve a favorable divorce agreement without the stress, time and cost of litigation.
- Equitable Distribution - Florida is an equitable distribution state, which means marital property is to be divided equitably, but not necessarily equally, upon divorce. Courts will look at many factors to determine what is equitable in a given situation.
- Domestic Violence - When domestic violence is a factor in a divorce case, we are prepared to take the necessary action to protect our clients' rights and safety, including filing for protective orders with the court. We also have experience representing clients who have been accused of domestic violence.
Contact Experienced Family Law Attorneys in South Florida
If you are facing divorce or have another family law concern, please contact Weiner & Weiss, LLC to schedule a consultation. We will take the time to understand your unique situation, and offer advice and options tailored to your needs and those of your family.
Could not have asked for a better attorney. I dealt with an extremely difficult and tedious divorce. Gary and his team were always thorough and fully prepared. Always at the top of their game and always treated me as a top priority as they do all their clients. Recommend Gary Weiner as the attorney to handle your divorce if you need it done right!!!!
- Zachary B., ★★★★★
Scott Weiss is always knowledgeable and reachable when I have a question. I have referred clients to him and will continue to refer clients!
- Ian S., ★★★★★
Scott is a professional who is well-liked, collegial in a highly adversarial field. He has been mentored by an excellent lawyer and although still a younger lawyer he is fast gaining experience in complex matrimonial matters. He has moved beyond second chair to handling matters on his own. He is a pleasure to work with.
- Anonymous, ★★★★★
Scott is not only a great lawyer, but he is also very involved in the community.
- Anonymous, ★★★★★