Experienced Boca Raton Lawyers Handle Family Conflicts
Skillful attorneys represent residents of Broward and Palm Beach counties
When you have a family law concern, an experienced attorney can help relieve the legal and emotional burdens that you face. At Weiner & Weiss, LLC in Boca Raton, our attorneys have more than 40 years of combined experience helping Florida clients overcome the most difficult domestic challenges. Throughout Broward and Palm Beach counties, our firm has been recognized as a leader in family litigation. Whether you are going through a divorce, need assistance with a child custody dispute, or are looking to enforce an existing order, attorneys Gary Weiner and Scott Weiss have the ability and background to help you achieve your objectives.
Knowledgeable South Florida advisers assist with all types of domestic issues
Our firm has earned a strong reputation in South Florida for providing exceptional representation and service in a complete range of family law matters, including those involving:
- Divorce — Our attorneys deliver effective support throughout the entire divorce process, ensuring that our clients' interests are always protected. No matter the situation, we will listen to your concerns and help you make the best decisions for yourself and your family on the important issues that accompany the ending of a marriage.
- Child custody — When minor children are part of a couple’s breakup, nothing is more important than establishing appropriate child custody arrangements. We help parents develop workable parenting plans that address time-sharing and legal authority.
- Child support — Florida child support rates hinge on several factors, including income and how much time the young person spends with a noncustodial parent. Our firm advises both paying and recipient parents during initial determinations as well as modification and enforcement proceedings.
- Alimony — In determining whether either spouse will be required to pay alimony (spousal support) during or after divorce, courts look at factors such as the each party’s earning ability, the length of the marriage, and the age and health of each party. No matter how complex your situation might be, we can guide you toward a fair and appropriate alimony arrangement.
- Post-judgment modifications— Even years after a marriage has ended, events such as a job loss or illness might justify changing the terms of a divorce agreement. When circumstances warrant, we handle post-judgment modification matters, including situations involving the domestic and international relocation of minor children.
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements— Entering into a prenuptial agreement is a smart decision for many couples intending to marry. These documents preserve assets and set forth instructions on the distribution of property after a death or divorce. A postnuptial agreement can serve the same purpose after a marriage has begun.
- Mediation— We believe that an amicable divorce achieved through skillful mediation offers significant financial and emotional benefits. Whenever possible, we work with clients to achieve a favorable divorce agreement without the stress, time and cost of litigation.
- Equitable distribution— Florida is an equitable distribution state, which means marital property is to be divided fairly, but not necessarily equally, upon divorce. We conduct a thorough investigation so that courts have all of the necessary information during these decisions.
- Domestic violence— When domestic violence is a factor in a divorce case, we are prepared to take the necessary action to protect our clients' rights and safety, including filing for protective orders with the court. We also have experience representing clients who have been accused of domestic violence.
Regardless of your specific legal challenge, our accomplished family law attorneys will develop a comprehensive strategy that gives you the best chance at a favorable outcome.
Dedicated advocates file contempt motions when orders are violated
Court orders relating to child support, parental time-sharing and alimony are sometimes ignored. When this occurs, the victims of these violations must take assertive action to compel compliance with prior decisions. Our firm drafts prompt, effective motions seeking enforcement of family law orders. If a party fails to abide by the terms of the order, we petition for appropriate civil contempt sanctions, including back payments, attorneys’ fees and even jail time.
Contact a diligent South Florida family law attorney to make an appointment
Weiner & Weiss, LLC represents Florida clients in all types of family law matters, including divorces, child custody conflicts, and post-judgment actions. Please call or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Boca Raton office.
Could not have asked for a better attorney. I dealt with an extremely difficult and tedious divorce. Gary and his team were always thorough and fully prepared. Always at the top of their game and always treated me as a top priority as they do all their clients. Recommend Gary Weiner as the attorney to handle your divorce if you need it done right!!!!
- Zachary B., ★★★★★
Scott Weiss is always knowledgeable and reachable when I have a question. I have referred clients to him and will continue to refer clients!
- Ian S., ★★★★★
Scott is a professional who is well-liked, collegial in a highly adversarial field. He has been mentored by an excellent lawyer and although still a younger lawyer he is fast gaining experience in complex matrimonial matters. He has moved beyond second chair to handling matters on his own. He is a pleasure to work with.
- Anonymous, ★★★★★
Scott is not only a great lawyer, but he is also very involved in the community.
- Anonymous, ★★★★★